"Quit trying to control so much, and you will create so much freedom for yourself."
* What are standards and what are expectations? (4:01)
* How expectations can HARM you and your relationships (5:21)
* The big issue with expectations (6:53)
* Understand your standards and your expectations (8:53)
* Are your standards and expectations coming from love, or from wounding? (12:12)
* Get clear on your standards and get to know your expectations (14:20)
* My process YOU can use to have more loving, fair, honoring standards and expectations. (15:42)
* Stop "shoulding" all over people! (20:03)
* Communication and taking responsibility for your standards and expectations (26:26)
Today’s episode was inspired by so many of you! I receive many questions regarding standards and expectations and how to truly get clear on the difference between those two; how to own them and how to best communicate them, so here it is!
In this conversation, we dive deep into:
* The difference between standards and expectations.
* How to know if your standards and expectations are coming from a space of love or one of lack, control and demand; from self honoring or from an unhealed wound or trauma.
* Breakdown of a simple process you can use to get started with having more loving, fair and honouring standards.
* Taking responsibility for your expectations.
Ep58: Expectations vs Standards - get clear on yours and transform your relationships!